Monday, August 11, 2014

For The Children at St. Jude Children's Hospital!!

WOW!! Read this Facebook post from Singer/Songwriter, MaryJustice Lucas*



"PLEASE SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS (pages)

Post #2 I know it’s long, but please take a moment to read.

SAVE THE DATE: 09/13/2014! Stem & Stein in Madison / Time: to be announced

Ok guys, so most of you hopefully saw post #1 about this event! This is to raise money for the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Lots of us songwriters are working on ways to earn donations besides just what will be collected at the show.

I have prayed about it and have come to the one that is heavy on my heart.

I would like to see how many donations I can raise for St. Jude's by buzz cutting all of my hair off.

It hit me pretty hard thinking about how my Grandfather, Carl D. Lucas, battled with cancer as well, and how I regret not shaving my head for him. Honestly, it never crossed my mind 'til later on in his battle and then when it did, I was afraid it would really just break his heart, instead of comfort him... So I want to do something like that now... In honor and memory of him, in honor and memory of those past & present that have had cancer affect their lives or someone in it ... I know it's not a cure but it's a step towards one, I pray... 

So, I'm wondering how many of you would possibly be willing to make a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation.

Every penny counts ... Even if it's a dollar, it makes a difference...

So please comment or message me and let me know if you would like to donate.

My goal is to raise at least $500.

Thank you in advance for your love and support!

~DIRECTIONS FOR DONATIONS~

1. In person at the Stem & Stein fundraiser

2. Check or money orders:
-Made out to St. Jude Children’s Hospital
-with my name (MaryJustice) on the memo line
-mail to PO Box 6756 Huntsville, Al 35813

3. Direct link to “Singer/Songwriters for St. Jude Event” donation FaceBook page.
- I will post this link once I have it."

MaryJustice Lucas and Young Fan at Swampers



Event: 
September 13, 2014
10871 County Line Rd, Madison, AL 35758
(256) 325-3779

Note: This event is a very worthy cause. Please read the July 30th post regarding history of this annual event. Line-up of all singers with photos in a future post. Please click the links and like these pages on facebook to show your support! Don't forget, every dollar ($) helps toward the treatment and finding a cure for childhood cancer. St. Jude Children's Hospital treats and and has saved lives of many children, at no cost to the families. ALL monies collected at this event will be matched by Mr. Del McGee and The Stem and Stein, so your donation will be tripled. 
ALL FUNDS GO DIRECTLY TO ST. JUDE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL.
*click the links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. Positive Feedback Is A Plus!