Thursday, September 26, 2013

Homegrown Songwriters Live at The Tree!!

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 7:00 PM

Alex Duggan puts it right out there!

"I have a hard time writing bios, because everything about me has already been put into a song. I write fondly of my hometown, and tensely of heartache. Some stories are hidden behind metaphors and prose. Others are so blunt that if you listen long enough, you'll know me as well as I know myself."







“Music is what I love. Some people enjoy the melody but don’t pay attention to the lyrics and that’s okay, but my favorite part of a song is its lyrics. As for me I find it impossible to NOT listen to what is being said. I love listening to the story being told in the song, just as much as I enjoy sharing stories in the songs I write. I write from my heart. Inspiration is all around me. I write about what I see and feel about the joys and disappointments of relationships. Songwriting and singing are like therapy.” MaryJustice Lucas












Matt Morrow
 The award winning singer-songwriter has hypnotized audiences across the country, and is currently playing shows to promote his new album Burlap and Gold, a Southern Gothic collection of stories told from the perspectives of the hardscrabble everymen and everywomen of his small Southern town. Alone on stage, his acoustic guitar or banjo are the only foil needed for the dark poetry of his lyrics that sting with heartbreak, addiction, despair, hope, and hard-earned wisdom.




Come and  enjoy this show with these three multi-talented songwriters as they entertain you with their originals, covers, duets and harmonies!

Coffee Tree Books & Brew
7900 Bailey Cove Road, SE
Huntsville, AL 35802

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. Positive Feedback Is A Plus!