Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Meet MaryJustice Lucas


Friday, September 7th - 6:00PM 
 VBC Playhouse Huntsville, AL



MaryJustice Lucas


“Music is what I love. Some people enjoy the melody but don’t pay attention to the lyrics and that’s okay, but my favorite part of a song is its lyrics. As for me, I find it impossible to NOT listen to what is being said. I love listening to the story being told in the song, just as much as I enjoy sharing stories in the songs I write. I write from my heart. Inspiration is all around me. I write about what I see and feel about the joys and disappointments of relationships. Songwriting and singing are like therapy.” MaryJustice Lucas

Seventeen year old MaryJustice Lucas has a passion for songwriting and entertaining. Whether considered Pop, Rock or New Country, her songs appeal to teens as well as older music lovers. She is a multi-award winning singer and songwriter from Huntsville, Alabama, who entered and won her first songwriting competition at age 13. She takes her singing and songwriting seriously, as this is her chosen career path.

MaryJustice’s most recent awards include the TCGMA 2011 Video of the Year,  2011 Songwriter of the Year, 2011 CD of the Year, and 2011 Most Promising Entertainer of the Year. These awards took her on to the international competitions. In March 2012, at the North America Country Music Association, Int’l (NACMAI) Music Awards  in Pigeon Forge, TN, MaryJustice brought home the 2012 Female Entertainer of the Year for her performance of  her "new country" rendition of Bob Dylan's "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go" and for her original song, "So Much More". She was also awarded the 2012 Songwriter of the Year for her song "Rewind," and the 2012 Rising Star CD of the Year Music Awards.

MaryJustice sings in writers rounds  and benefits all over North Alabama. In addition to hosting her own showcases, she is a frequent guest of fellow songwriters. MaryJustice  is currently working with a Nashville management company, recording songs and music videos. She performs at the Commodore, the Nashville Palace, and the Hard Rock Café. Most recently, MaryJustice enjoyed an awesome set  at The Rutledge, and joined a writer's round at the Hotel Indigo in Nashville, TN.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. Positive Feedback Is A Plus!