Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Meet Singer/Songwriter Charles L. Burgess


I love songwriting. To me, a song tells a story about the way we live, our past experiences and memories; some are good and some not so good but life has a way of going on. I write of nostalgic memories, funny things, inspirational with melodies from country with a touch of gospel and pop with a little rock and roll! 

I started singing in a quartet when I was around 11. My brother and I had a radio program. Every Saturday morning at around 7:30, we rode the bus to the station. What fun that was! As I grew up I continued to sing with several gospel groups including the Sacred Airs Quartet, the Gospel Cadets with the last one being Space City.

These quartets are no longer together as all my members are in their heavenly homes. Now at age 79, I'm still writing songs and singing everywhere I get a chance. I hope you'll listen to my playlist. I sing these songs myself, but have had some co-writers and others to record my songs. My songs are also available on ReverbNation for your enjoyment. Please share with your friends and leave comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. Positive Feedback Is A Plus!